Asbestos removal in sealed areas in Belgium
The different operations of setting up an hermetic zone:
A hermetic zone is done in several steps:
- Cleaning the area where the work is to be done
- Applying plastic sheeting to seal the area
- The use of double plastic sheeting that will ensure total containment of the area
- Implementation of an airlock to let personnel and equipment in and out
- Filtration of waste water
- Use of air extractors to ensure a vacuum is created
Specific equipment for personnel
Our asbestos removal personnel have very specific equipment:
- Full face mask with filter and assisted ventilation
- Disposable protective clothing (dustproof suit )
- Washable or disposable cotton undergarments
- Safety boots to standards
- Professional gloves suitable for the type of intervention
Waste is specifically packaged and accurate labeling is also applied.
Methodology in a sealed area
Receipt of the request and information- Receipt of the asbestos inventory
- Photos of materials containing asbestos
- Measurement of the premises and materials containing asbestos
- Location plan of the site
Preliminary visit and submission of offer- Visit on site
- Evaluation of the volume to be treated
- Definition of the treatment method
- Price quotation
Site preparation and safety- Putting in safety: Marking of the site and signage
- Connection to the infrastructures (electricity & water).
- Creation of the hermetic area based on plastic P.E.
- Installation of the Personnel & Material airlocks
- Installation of the water filtration system
- Installation of air extractors
- Putting the hermetic area in depression
Test and verification- Verification of the aeraulic balance
- Smoke test necessary to check the tightness of the area.
- Verification of individual protective equipment: Respiratory mask, gloves, tight suit, etc.
Asbestos removal- Removal of materials containing asbestos
- Packaging of asbestos waste
- Evacuation of the waste via the material lock
- Cleaning the bag and placing it in a second bag hermetically sealed and provided with the regulatory labeling
- Control of the operations and the area by an approved laboratory
- Deposit of the waste in an approved storage area.
End of the site- Cleaning of the area (vacuum cleaner with absolute filter, impregnated rag,).
- Fixing of the possible residual fibers thanks to a wetting solution
- Visual inspection & measurement of the area restitution.
- The sealed area is removed when the results of the measurements are less than or equal to 0.010 fibres/ml.
Thanks to our 8,500 employees and 35 years of experience, we have developed more than 30 service activities in Belgium, France and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
XLG offers you the agility of an SME with the strength and resources of a large group. Do not hesitate to contact us for more information about our services