Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
CSR is the consideration of social and ethical issues in XLG’s activities: economic activities, internal interactions (employees & managers) and external interactions (suppliers, customers).
The aim is to pay more attention to the environmental and social impacts of the activities of the group’s companies with a view to continuous improvement. Let’s make sure we “act locally and think globally”.
This means implementing sustainable developmentconcepts in the XLG Group that integrate the 3 pillars: social, environmental and economical.
We need to redefine our responsibilities.
CSR is defined first of all in relation to the notion of responsibility, “to be accountable for one’s actions” (audits) and “to assume the consequences” (remedial and preventive actions).
Sustainable development is a major issue today.
The XLG Group has a concrete approach that aims to make decisions involving more sustainable and responsible structural changes in terms of staff well-being, an approach that promotes diversity and inclusion, the implementation of an environmental policy and the adaptation of the vehicle fleet.
Our goal is to be exemplary so that the various actions implemented are a source of motivation for our staff and that we make each XLG group employee our ambassadors in the field.
Our Driving Force
XLG being a family-owned group, our operation and growth have been built around the following values for 30 years: collaboration – entrepreneurship – caring – diversity – results.
We want to be able to always improve by keeping our focus on our staff, giving meaning to their professional activity and promoting their well-being at work.
the CSR Challenge
Our first concern is that our CSR approach becomes concrete and does not remain at the stage of intention. This is why we have set up the CSR challenge. Our aim is for each of our Business Units to take up the challenges of their choice in each of the two pillars we have chosen to improve: Social and Environmental.
1. SOCIAL PILLAR
- Enabling everyone to find meaningful employment at XLG, regardless of age, social or cultural background.
- We are committed to gender equality, multiculturalism and the integration of people with disabilities.
- We make it a point of honor to always ensure that our staff can work in the best safety conditions (zero accident objective).
- Well-being at work is as important as sustainability, and benevolence is the foundation of it.
- We are constantly looking for new ways to improve the work experience in terms of comfort, freedom and flexibility. As such, telecommuting which has been strongly emphasized since the beginning of the Covid-19 crisis has allowed us to continue most of our activities and as it meets a certain demand of the staff it is certainly a formula that will endure to some extent.
Implementation through the 4S canvas :
- Satisfaction (confort)
- Stage (formation / entraînement)
- Stress reduction
2. ENVIRONMENTAL PILLAR:
The XLG group is developing a very high ambition, to achieve a neutral carbon footprint.
To this end, we are implementing a three-step approach:
- An assessment of the carbon footprint of each of our companies
- An action plan to limit this carbon footprint (installation of solar panels, renewal of our car fleet, waste recycling, …)
- Investing alongside an ASBL to plant as many trees as possible to offset our negative carbon footprint.
For each Business Unit:
- reducing our carbon footprint
- installation of photovoltaic panels
- use of LEDs
- greening the fleet
- use only recycled paper
- decrease the amount of paper toward a “no paper” goal
- use “green” products (Doceo) + offer to customers
- decrease the quantity of products used
- recycle packaging, better manage our waste
Implementation through the 4Rs canvas :
To ensure that our program is complied with, we will publish from 2022:
- The actions implemented
- The investments made
- The projects for the following year